As needed MDS Coordinator for multiple facilities throughout our East Region.
The Care Plan Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the MDS, assessment protocols, comprehensive assessment and the development of each resident’s individual Plan of Care. He/she solicits information from an interdisciplinary team (including the resident and the resident’s family), develops the care plan, informs the staff and implements the completed Plan of Care. He/she monitors and records the progress (or lack of progress) of each resident. The CPC observes resident care on a daily basis to ensure the implementation of the Plan of Care.
Must be a registered nurse (RN) or LPN
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage Resident Care Plans within regulatory guidelines
- Update Care Plans to include care and services ordered and provided
- Create, maintain and update person centered care plan for each resident according to physical, mental and psychosocial needs seeking input of the interdisciplinary team, dietary staff, CNAs, primary care physician, resident and resident representative as appropriate.
- Maintain timely completion and transmission of MDS & CAAs within regulatory guidelines.
- Seek optimization of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement thru case mix maximization, accurate MDS coding and maintaining adequate back up documentation to coding.
- Seek continued knowledge necessary to the position thru independent learning of the principles of the RAI process and RAI Manual, the Medicare and the Medicare Benefits Policy Manual, and the 5 Star, Quality Measure and Quality Reporting Program.
- Seek to maintain facility state and federal survey and agencies compliance to facilitate excellence of reputation of facility & excellence of state surveys.
- Complete facility assessments per facility policy.
- Work closely with and under the direction of the Regional Reimbursement Specialist.
- Maintain resident safety as a priority.