The Transportation Driver works under direction of the Administrator in coordination with the Director of Nursing to insure residents are transported to physicians, laboratories, hospital, dentists, appointments and other approved locations outside of facility as scheduled and necessary. (CNA License Preferred)
1. Be 21 years of age
2. Be able to read and follow written directions
3. Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English
4. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
5. Work overtime is necessary
6. Hold a current, valid drivers license
7. Possess less than 15 points on their Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
8. Hold current personal automobile insurance
9. Have the physical ability and stature to lift and transfer residents into and out of vehicles for transportation purposes
10. Be able to receive, understand and pass on to nurses detailed instructions relating to the resident he/she has received from hospitals, physicians, nurses, dentists, public aid employees, etc.
11. Must complete Medicare Carrier Safety Training
1. General Duties:
a. Reviews appointments with transportation coordinator/dispatcher and Administrator each morning
b. Prepares residents to leave facility: insures personal cleanliness, weather appropriate clothing, etc.
c. Gathers proper paperwork and documentation needed for the appointment prior to leaving the facility
d. Accompanies residents to appointments, lifts residents into and out of vehicles, remains with the resident and assists with handling the resident during the appointment or outing if required (if a Certified Nurses Aide)
e. Transports resident to and from scheduled appointment and approved locations