Responsibilities & Requirements include:
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Organizational skills are a must.
- Work overtime as necessary. Must be flexible.
- General knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as they pertain to long term care
- Knowledge of passing and ordering medications
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Hold current personal automobile insurance
- Have the physical ability and stature to lift and transfer residents into and out of vehicles for transportation purposes
- Be able to receive, understand and pass on to nurses detailed instructions relating to the resident he/she has received from hospitals, physicians, nurses, dentists, public aid employees, etc.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- DSP certified preferred.