Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations will be provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state or local law.
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene: gives bedpans, urinals, baths, shampoos, and shaves, and assists with showers.
- Provides for activities of daily living: assists with meals and feeds residents; ambulates, turns and positions residents; provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Performs I&O; checks vital signs and weight; specimen collection.
- Provides for comfort needs of residents.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Utilizes resources and materials in an efficient and safe manner.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for residents and co-workers; transports residents and equipment as appropriate.
- Promptly answers residents’ call lights and requests.
- Reports observations of a resident to the nurse caring for the resident to ensure professional assessment.
- Instills confidence in the resident by maintaining a neat and attractive appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner.
- Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
- Maintains a good working relations among all nursing unit personnel and other employees through appropriate communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or required.
In special areas, performs duties as defined on specialized skill list.
With specialized training, and written approval, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to assigned area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate preferred.
Successful completion of nursing assistant course or the equivalent.
Previous nursing home experience with acceptable references preferred.
Must pass the pre-employment test for nursing assistant.
Must be minimum of 17 years of age.
Holds the education, experience and skills to perform responsibilities.
Must have and continue a clean Criminal Background report.
Must have and continue a clean Sex Offender report.
Must have and continue a clean Child and Adult Protective service report.
Understand, speak, read and write English clearly.
Ability to lift, push or pull at least 25 pounds.
Ability to bed, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
Ability to treat and care for our residents and their property with dignity and respect.