Casey Health Care Center
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Work overtime is necessary
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws as they pertain to long term care
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Process resident admission and discharge documents.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Maintains resident’s medical files and retrieves files for scheduled appointments; files all patient data upon receipt of information; initiates records for new residents; prepares file labels; audits filing sequence.
- Release information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Plan, develop, maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information.
- Responds to requests for medical records; processes letters and reports; answers and directs telephone calls.
- Distributes lab reports to nurses and medical staff, and materials to other departments; requests information from various departments; responds to correspondence requests.