Petersen Health Care is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable (A/R) Specialist for long term care billing. This position is located at our office in Peoria, IL.
This position is responsible for performing accounts receivable daily processing using the Matrix Care (AOD) accounts receivable system.
- Manage accounts receivable billing and collection of payments for Illinois Medicaid at designated locations.
- Monitors Medicaid, Medicaid Pending and Private balances as assigned to ensure billing and claims are accurately and timely filed on behalf of their designated facility.
- Data entry into MEDI- Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, website.
- Monitor A/R aging, accessing the accounts for further attention by involving the AR Director or Nursing Home Administrator; ensure statements are processed and mailed timely.
- Month end closing procedures, as assigned.
- Qualifications Required:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in medical billing and collections
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance reimbursement.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computers and related software for word processing (such as Word), spreadsheet (such as Excel) and accounting software such as billing and clearinghouses.
- Must be able to multi-task and function efficiently in a fast paced work environment.
- Two year business or accounting degree.
- Accounts Receivable long term care billing experience
- Knowledge of regulations affecting facility business offices.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid time off