The Care Plan Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the MDS, assessment protocols, comprehensive assessment and the development of each resident’s individual Plan of Care. He/she solicits information from an interdisciplinary team (including the resident and the resident’s family), develops the care plan, informs the staff and implements the completed Plan of Care. He/she monitors and records the progress (or lack of progress) of each resident. The CPC observes resident care on a daily basis to ensure the implementation of the Plan of Care.
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general
- Work overtime is necessary
- Current license in good standing in the state in which the facility is located as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
- Must have a working knowledge of medical, pharmaceutical, psychological and social treatment, care and
- This position requires general knowledge of physical, mental and psychosocial well-being in the elderly and the ability to integrate this information to develop an interdisciplinary Plan of Care.
- Administrative Functions
- Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, including the implementation of RAPs and
- Must possess the abil