PURPOSE: Maintain all building, equipment, systems and grounds in good, safe and presentable condition. Conduct a preventative maintenance program for all mechanical, signal, fire alarm and suppression, and other systems. Solicitation of repair/replace, construction and other bids from contractors for presentation to the Director is expected
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have experience in building maintenance
- Must have general knowledge for trouble shooting, electrical, plumbing, signal, fire alarm and fire suppression systems.
- Must have basic knowledge of carpentry, painting and mechanical repair is expected.
- Must have ability to solicit, analyze and recommend contractor bids
- Must be able to organize and schedule work and keep repair records
- Able to speak and write English well
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrate freedom from communicable diseases/Tuberculosis
- Cleared record according to Illinois Abuse Registry
- Provide physical examination signed by physician
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: This profile is intended to summarize the position’s general duties and requirements, it is not intended to be inclusive of every possible job assignment.
- Maintain emergency systems in functional status at all times—call lights, fire alarm, sprinkler, door alarms, heating and air conditioning units
- Implement preventative maintenance program and recommends new and revise programs
- Maintain the building in good, safe repair
- Regularly inspect and maintain electrical, signaling, mechanical, plumbing, and heating, cooling and fire protection systems
- Maintain hot water temps between 100 and 110 degrees F
- Protect the portable water supply from contamination by use of anti back flow devise
- Maintain furniture fixtures and furnishings in a lean, safe, attractive and repaired manner
- Responsible for proper disposal of medical and potentially infectious and hazardous waste
- Deal with contractors to solicit, compare and recommend bids to the Director
- Operate within facility budget