The Maintenance Person maintains all building, equipment, systems and grounds in good, safe and presentable condition. He/she conducts a preventative maintenance program for all mechanical, signal, fire alarm and suppression and other systems. The solicitation of repair/replace construction and other bids from contractor for presentation to the Director and Corporate Maintenance Director is expected.
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with tenants and co-workers in English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, tenants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Work overtime if necessary
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws as they pertain to long term care
- Experience in building maintenance
- General knowledge of the Trades necessary for trouble shooting electrical, plumbing, signal, fire alarm and fire suppression systems
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, painting and mechanical repair is expected
- The ability to solicit, analyze and recommend contractor bids is needed
- Must be able to organize and schedule work and keep repair records
- Maintains the facility in compliance with all Life Safety Codes.
- Maintains emergency systems in functional status at all times (call lights, oxygen concentrators, fire alarm, sprinkler system, door alarms, etc.)
- Implements preventative maintenance programs
- Regularly inspects and maintains electrical, signaling, mechanical, plumbing, heating, cooling and pr