The Licensed Practical Nurse is a member of the health care team who contributes to the implementation of the nursing process by providing care to resident in non-complex situations and assisting in the care of resident who are extremely ill.
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Work overtime is necessary
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws as they pertain to long term care
- Graduate from an accredited LPN program
- Current license in good standing in the state in which the facility is located
- Assist in the complete ion of the nursing admission assessment on admission or assigned residents
- Utilizes the admission assessment for information in caring for each resident as assigned
- Makes appropriate situation decisions with information received from assessments
- Participates in the identification of problems on assigned residents
- Assists in developing an interdisciplinary and nursing care plan on each assigned admission based on nursing assessments and identification of nursing problems.
- Reviews physician orders on assigned residents prior to care
- Encourages participation of residents/families in plans of care
- Executes procedures consistent wit