We are dedicated to assisting the elderly population in maintaining the highest possible quality of life for the longest possible time. We are committed to providing an environment where the dignity of each individual is assured.
Petersen Health Care is seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable (A/R) Specialist for long term care billing. This position will be located at our office in Peoria, IL.
This position is responsible for performing accounts receivable daily processing using the MatrixCare (AOD) accounts receivable system.
- Manage accounts receivable billing and collection of payments for all designated payers and designated locations.
- Monitors Medicaid, Medicare Coinsurance, MCOs and other designated payer sources as assigned to ensure billing and claims are accurately and timely filed on behalf of their designated facility for both Primary and Secondary payers.
- Verifying insurance and Medicaid benefits, as needed.
- Monitor A/R aging, accessing the accounts for further attention by involving the AR Director or Nursing Home Administrator; ensure statements are processed and mailed timely.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in medical billing, and collections
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance reimbursement systems, including billing forms and requirements for various third party payers.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computers and related software for word processing (such as Word), spreadsheet (such as Excel) and accounting software such as billing and clearinghouses.
- Two year business or accounting degree.
- Accounts Receivable long term care billing experience
- Knowledge of regulations affecting facilit