The Infection Preventionist reports to the Director of Nursing to develop a system of care that promotes sound and scientific infection prevention principles and practices.
This individual is accountable for decreasing the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases between patients, staff, visitors and the community. Through strategic planning, leadership and consultation, you will lead and direct a robust team in the identification and implementation of infection prevention goals and objectives throughout the facility.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications
In this key position, essential job duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals and action plan
- Partners with facility leaders, physicians, local, state, and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention
- Oversees the operations of the infection prevention, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and relevant safety programs
- Accountable for surveillance of healthcare acquired and community acquired infections
- Manages goal setting process for system, unit and physician goals related to healthcare acquired infections and conditions
- Lead industrial hygiene program to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, mitigate and control workplace conditions
- Participates in the national collaboratives and external reporting to CDC NHSN system, and other post acute-care specific quality organizations
- Authority and responsibility for ensuring appropriate intervention and education occurs with staff, volunteers and medical staff when healthcare infection trends, outbreaks or non-compliance to infection control/OSHA are
- Ensures that education and counseling on infection prevention is available for staff, volunteers, medical staff, pa