Manages all aspects of the Food Service Department in the facility including but not limited to Food Service personnel, food production, supplies and equipment. Manages nutritional care of all tenants in facility.
1. Be of legal working age.
2. Be able to read and understand work assignments.
3. Be able to communicate with tenants and co-workers in English.
4. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, tenants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
5. Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
6. Work overtime if necessary.
7. Work to cover staff call-offs and decrease overtime in the department.
8. Must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED. Experience may be substituted for a high school degree.
9. Must have taken or be willing to take the Dietary Managers Course.
10. Must have passed the sanitation test or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
11. Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred.
1. Order all supplies necessary for the proper and efficient running of the department making sure to remain within budget.
2. Ensure that all tenants are served diets as ordered by physician.
3. Ensure that the menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
4. Follow Consultant Dietitian/Regional Dietitian recommendations that are reviewed and approved by Administrator.
5. Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to tenants has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
6. Make sure that all food and supplies are stored properly and steps are taken to avoid theft.
7. Check all equipment for proper functioning and safety.
8. Responsible for overall sanitation of the department.
9. Responsible for knowing Local, State and Federal regulations and policies and procedures whi