Provides nutritious meals according to the menu. Ensures the sanitation of the kitchen food preparation and tray line area.
- Be of legal working age.
- Be able to read, understand and follow work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Must have passed the sanitation test or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
- Must receive food handler training within 30 days of employment.
- Would prefer at least one year experience as diet aide in an institutional setting.
- Prepare and serve food for diets as ordered by the physician.
- Follow menus as ordered.
- Notify supervisor of any changes in the menu, or lack of proper food item for the menu.
- Honor resident special requests within the prescribed diet order.
- Ensure that the menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
- Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
- Provide assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Follow cleaning schedules as directed by Food Service Manager.
- Cover, date and label all leftovers properly.
- Notify Food Service Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs.
- Report all malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions to the Food Service Manager immediately.
- Be knowledgeable of Local, State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to push or pull objects weight up to 50 pounds
- May be required to stoop or bend frequently throughout the day
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands, including reaching above shoulder level
- Working with equipment to perform procedures where carelessness could result in minor cuts, bruises or muscle pulls
- Possible exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity
- May be involved in stressful situations while performing job responsibilities
Supervised by the Food Service Manager
Special Notes of Interest
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be requires to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of this position.