Prepares and serves nutritious meals according to the menu. Monitors methods of food handing, preparation, meal service and equipment cleaning. Ensures all health, safety and environmental health standards are achieved and maintained.
- Be of legal working age.
- Be able to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED. Experience may be substituted for a high school degree.
- Must have passed the Food Protection Manager exam or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
- Must receive food handler training within 30 days of employment.
- Would prefer at least one year experience as a cook in an institutional setting.
- Prepare and serve food for diets as ordered by the physician.
- Follow menus as ordered.
- Notify supervisor of any changes in the menu.
- Honor resident special requests within the prescribed diet order.
- Ensure that all menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
- Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
- Follow cleaning schedules as directed by Food Service Man