The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) performs those duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Nursing (DON) for administering nursing services and implementing resident care programs. He/she shall reform the duties of the DON when the DON is on vacation or extended sick leave.
- Be of legal working age
- Be able to read and follow written directions
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in English
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general
- Work overtime is necessary
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as they pertain to long term care
- Current license in good standing in the state in which the facility is located
- Assists in the supervision and administration of the Nursing
- Works shifts as a floor nurse in order to fill vacancies due to call-offs or to decrease excessive overtime within the department
- Identifies and studies nursing service problems and assists in solving
- Assists in ordering supplies and
- Cooperates with other departments to assure smooth delivery of resident
- Advises and consults with the Director of Nursing and Administrator on resident
- Directly supervises the implementation of resident care through daily observation of licensed and certified nursing staff.
- Reviews resident records to insure implementation of physician orders, lab requirements and c